Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Personal Account Outperforms Fact

Maybe that's why Blogs, whether for business or pleasure, are having such an impact on society, that people would rather hear the personal side of the story than the statistical account. Perhaps it's the change from normal media outlets, the reality TV of communication if you will, that we all find so appealing, so different from the historical norm, that we're finding subconscious entertainment in how we receive info, not just from the info itself.
As for me, blogs have revitalized my reading habits; revolutionized the way I receive information. Reading IS fun after all, and I don't think I'm the only one experiencing this re-birth of written communication formats.
But the difference is that this reincarnation doesn't transfer to the other avenues of media. I'm not reading the newspaper. Who still buys the paper? Newspapers are black-and-white sheets of smeary, dirty boredom, but less because of the chemical makeup, and more about the content (did I mention the bias that spews from conventional media avenues?) . It wouldn't be so bad if they and TV didn't try and pass their info off as the 100% genuine article, but they do, and that's what's not to love.
Not to say that blogs always get it right, but the difference is no one is up on the pedestal saying they are. It's your choice as to how your entertained with news, you pick the RSS feeds that you want to read, and that point of you is typically your point of view, which is what you find interesting. Hannity's apples to Colmes' oranges, just without the opposing/wrong view. Entertainment bliss at last.
I've digressed from my original point, again, so I'll mention the fact that my "gossip" posts get more readers than anything of thought. People love the juicy good stuff, and blogs have brought the goods. You want Jack Welch's opinion of Kitchen Aid mixers, you got it. You want Area 51 sexcapade tales, it's there. A niche for everyone, and that's why these things won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger R. said...

I for one love reading my newspapers in the morning, its a kind of habit ive had for the last 15 years i guess. I agree with the bias comment though, news these days seems to be edited and altered to suit the powers that be. I think reading is the solution here, makes people think more about themselves, their surroundings and what is being given to them as news.

Great blog. very interesting read! booked marked it.

Do visit mine http://opinionsunlimted.blogspot.com/

stay cool.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home