Thursday, March 02, 2006

It's Been a While

It's been way too long since my last post, and I'm sure no one's checking my blog, but I felt the urge to write, if only to myself, while I fight a cold on the couch.
Things are going well for Heather and I, and we double 6 characters between the two of us on the show. Charlie, Desmond, and Henry for me; Kate, Ana-Lucia, and Claire for Heather.
With only 6 episodes left to film in the second-season of Lost, we strategize our next moves thoughtfully.
We've spent this season conditioning ourselves in the art of stunts and the entertainment industry, including a trip to LA for networking and training purposes in the first part of February. Tenatively, we plan on spending more time in LA during the 2.5 month hiatus starting this May between the seasons of shooting furthering the resume.
Life in Waikiki is good. As the epicenter of entertainment and tourism for all the islands. The best part is that tourists need protection, which brings police, which keeps the ever-so-popular Hawaiian rif-raf out of the area. Heather and I enjoy evening walks through the downtown section we live in amongst a vacationing public that exudes vibrance and joy like school children at recess, just a bit more intoxicated.
Our activities in HI have been a mainstay during our less-than normal work schedule, enjoying the normal creature comforts of sun, sand, and scuba as often as possible. In addition, I'm playing ice hockey in a league at the state's only ice rink, and would say I'm a big fish in a very small pond.
Gymnastics is a new venture I've recently taken up. Training at the best academy in the islands, Heather and I know this is a skill that can help us in our profession. It was like riding a bike for Heather getting back in the saddle, and she was probably the best gymnast there her first night back, whereas the instructor has been sincerely impressed with my novice abilities. Golf and tennis are two other sports I'm annoying Heather to persue, and she's dabbled in them with me.
Other than that we've been working out at 24-hour fitness and I've been trying to get my flexibility up, as it's good to bend well while your being thrown from something or falling off something.
We took on an agent this week in HI to keep us abreast of all stunt, acting, and modeling opportunities available on the islands; again looking to build the resume. It's the biggest and most widely-known agency here and should produce a few good endeavors. We were invited to join through the references and referrals of our casting director on Lost and another personal friend.
Enough for now, I'll continue the rant/update after we get our new computer, as this is the last day of the Apple Powerbook G4 and the Apple MacBookPro is on order.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweetie, I check your site every day. Every other day. Okay, at least once a week. Glad to hear you guys are doing so well out there...and I miss you like crazy.

And that outfit you used to wear...

-sj

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that your writing talents are still in tact. I think that is an area, of your many talents, that you should actively cultivate.
Continue to live each day to the fullest. Missing you tons!
Love, Mom

5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that your writing talents are still in tact. I think that this is one of your many talents that you should actively cultivate.
Continue to live each day to the fullest. Missing you tons!
Love, Mom

5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that your writing talent is still intact. I still think that this is one of your many talents that you should actively cultivate.
Continue to live each day to the fullest. Missing you tons!
Love, Mom

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home