Thursday, June 30, 2005

Cruising Off The Deep End

As Tom Cruise continues to spiral towards never making another film, he'll probably rely on the support of his co-scientologists for the extraordinarily large sums of money it apparently costs to participate in this religion after his demise.
I think L. Ron Hubbard said it best "I bet people are stupid enough to take my fictional story, call it fact, and start worshipping it" or something along those lines. One of my office colleagues made me aware of the rumor that Hubbard, who wrote the book Scientology spurred from (Dyanetics), was bet my a friend that people would take is tall-tale and lose their minds over it.
Low-and-behold, people proved the friend right.
I am a Bible-believer with more than my fair-share of skepticism, so don't get me started as to why the Bible is fact; my blog would turn into boring, but amazing life-long memoirs, and I'd lose you all as readers. My question is this: Why do so many people out there jump on these DiVinci Code bandwagons to give them something to worship thats different from everyone else?
I guess rockers Poison said it best "Give me somethin' to b' lieve in", with everyone searching for hope to find peace within themselves. But I think most confuse hope with immediate resolve or satisfaction, and when it doesn't come, they're on to the next latest-and-greatest fad religion; serial believers if you will. A little of this, a little of that, they believe in a God, an idea, a tree, or a all three, and wonder how the rest of us could be so "narrow-minded" and are totally missing the boat, but enough about what could turn into a really long post, with what I would imagine would see alot of comments.
The intent of this post was just to send you all to a link that same friend from work also sent me Tom Sith Cruise, as Scientologized Cruise uses his powers to defeat Oprah. I think Dave Letterman's team must have created this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got a place just like that vw westfalia

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home